Sunday, October 16, 2011

Strider Bikes

I've been meaning to post about this for a while...I started selling Strider Bikes back in July. My sister went to Denmark about a year ago and all the kids were riding around on these little balance bikes. Well, for her son's birthday, she wanted to get him one, and after looking around she decided on these Striders. Her son loved it, then she called me on the phone and said, "you have to get these for your boys." After looking into it, we decided to become dealers together. These bikes have been a hit down here and it's been a lot of fun!



A couple cool things:
  • 2 year Warranty
  • The primary goal of these bikes is to teach your child how to balance. The Strider bikes don't have pedals, so the kids run with them and learn balance.
  • The tires NEVER get flat, so they can ride them while camping, through dirt, around tracks, etc.
  • They are really light--just under 7 lbs
  • They come in a variety of colors: blue, green, pink, red, orange, yellow, and silver
  • Here's what my conservative husband said, "I'm not one that likes frills or excess, so at first I wasn't sold on these bikes. What sold me is how fast Kate learned to ride her bike. She had no clue how to ride a pedal bike and, after using the Strider, she hopped on her pedal bike and rode first try."
  • And the #1 feature: Your kids will nap beautifully after riding them all day. Those first few days when the kids were on them every waking moment were so great. I put the kids down for naps and they actually went to sleep!


I've tried to talk Kate into letting me get rid of hers since she rides a two wheeler, but she still loves her Strider and rides it about half the time. We've really enjoyed being able to go out and ride as a family around our circle and neighborhood. I've loved being able to hang out with my kids doing something they love.

Anyway, as Christmas approaches, I wanted to get word out, and if you're interested, I can give you a great deal on one of these bikes. If you live far away, I can also ship. If you have any questions, ask away!

3 comments:

BECKY said...

I never noticed no pedals until you said it! How interesting!

Steve Frost said...

I was surprised to see that Jeff has graduated on to a "big boy" bike at such a young age. He's only, like, 30 right? Well done, Jeff. You've made me proud.

Dedre said...

not going to lie...I'm totally interested. I'll be getting back to you :)