Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Exciting News

We found out we are expecting and are so excited!  We waited a while to tell the kids because we knew it would seem like forever until the baby got here.  These are some of the first ultra sound pictures we got.

 We gave each of the kids a present--it was a bunch of diapers wrapped up.  They thought it was so hilarious, the boys especially just laughed and laughed that we gave them diapers!
 Kate got it a little more quickly and has been so excited since.  All 3 really want a girl (but I think that's because the only tiny baby they know right now is their cousin Ellie who they've seen a lot since she was born).

We aren't going to find out if it's a boy or girl and are just so excited to have either.  Scott asks a few times a day, "Is the baby still in there?" (I'm sure I'll get that even after the baby is born).  Scott has also been very concerned how and where the baby sleeps.  The first time I told him the baby sleeps in my tummy, he laughed and laughed and thought that was so silly.

Austin comes and hugs my tummy a lot and is so excited.  I tell him how much the baby loves him and it makes him SO happy.

Kate is so excited to help change diapers (I'm going to put her to use on that one!) and just hold that baby.

It's so fun to see them so excited.  Today, I was telling Austin and Scott that they will be such good big brothers and they both were saying how they would tickle baby and make baby laugh.  We can't wait!!

0 comments: