Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Kate story...

(thanks char for telling me about the typo--didn't even notice!)

I had just finished reading Kate Cinderella. There were pictures of the characters at the end and there was one picture of Drizella and Anastasia.

Kate said, "Those are bad girls."
I said, "Yep."
Then, Kate said, "And they say bad words," then with a lowered voice, "like dammit."
I hugged her then so she couldn't see me laughing. I guess it is really engrained in her that that word is a bad word, I just wish she would forget it.

10 comments:

Angie said...

That is such a cute story. What a sweetheart she is!

Jamie said...

Hahaha!!! That made me laugh out loud. I could just picture cute little Kate whispering a swear word.

And I LOVE all the pics of your kids on your sidebar. They are seriously growing up so much!

And how is the painting coming? I saw that you posted a comment about it and I apologize that I never offered any suggestions. It has been a crazy month for us. I'd love any updates on how the room is coming along. It's amazing how much paint can change a room.

Brenda said...

Hahaha! Funny stuff! I love the don't-let-em-see-ya-laugh stuff :)

BECKY said...

LOOOOOOVe it! i need to adopt kate. :)

thanks for coming by... hopefully we can see each other soon!

charly said...

haha! i love how you told us twice that there was a picture of all the characters at the end ;) that is seriously so funny. I laugh so hard when i hear of daegan's boys swearing. have a good day!

Beth said...

First borns love rules, Kate's right there! Later, they learn how to break them while still "keeping them".

AmyB said...

I love this update. They are going to be so glad to have this record of themselves when they are older. They are handsome too!!

AmyB said...

Wait I posted that on the wrong post. Sorry!! I do love this story of Kate though!!

charly said...

haha :) you are so funny! your kids are adorable!

Karin said...

Nuh Uh! How funny :)