Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My little Darlin'


Today, Kate and I were watching a movie--something about Pooh's Heffalump Adventure. One of the characters, Lumpy, couldn't find his mom and was sad. Kate was very concerned and I looked at her and could tell she was about to cry. Then, she did start crying and told me that she needed a tissue. I'm not talking a little crying, this was full blown, upset crying. Kate then went to stop the movie because it was too much for her, but I convinced her to see it through. We fast-forwarded to the end when Lumpy and his mom were reunited and all was well again. I thought it was the sweetest thing. It also makes me look forward to a lifetime of watching movies and not being the only one crying!

9 comments:

Mer said...

ha ha, tooooooo cute! I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos the other night, and one of the winners was a video that was kind of like what you just described, only it was like a 10 year old boy totally sobbing and he's like "I just love this movie!" I was laughing SO HARD. Miss Kate is so adorable.

Brenda said...

What a sweetheart :)

Angie said...

How sweet! Kate is such a doll.

Brian and Elise said...

Sweet Kate. What a darling little girl!

Beth said...

Daughters make the best friends! Movies, shopping, clothes, dressing up, being moms, etc. Of course boys are great too, especially when they outnumber us by lots!

daegan said...

oh my gosh!!! so cute! i'm glad you have a cry buddy!

BECKY said...

such a sweet moment that she can feel that sadness!

Melissa said...

Awww, what a sweet sweet girl! hahahahaha it sounds hilarious. Can I be part of your club if I teared up while reading the post? Remember when Kate sang the ABC's and I started crying on the phone....oh dear. Our genetic pool is hopeless. i LOVED seeing you and your cute family Friday!!!!!

Leslie said...

Adorable! I don't know if I would have been able to keep from laughing.