Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Kiddos

The other day, Kate was SO grumpy, she wouldn't touch her food (she's usually a pretty good eater) and just kept on whining. Jeff and I were getting Austin and Scott dished up and when we looked back at Kate, she was asleep!
I had a birthday and had such a fun day! Jeff and I were also able to get away for Valentines Day. We even got to go skiing! We had such a great time. Thanks Melissa!

Kate got the ring on her right hand for Christmas, and has been slowly adding to her collection since. The only time she takes these rings off is bath time. I honestly can't believe she hasn't lost the ring. I remember, even as a teenager, I went through rings so fast. She's good!
Kate and I planted some seeds--broccoli, spinach, and kale and are hoping to get them in the ground in the next couple of weeks! Since this picture, 8 boxes have sprouts. I need to take an updated picture.
Scott had been quiet for too long, I went in the kitchen and he was helping himself to the delicious chocolate cake in there. He was just taking fist-fulls and shoving them in.
We have been loving spending time outside. The kids love cruising around in their cars, bikes, scooters, and trike. This is Scott.


Austin
Jeff just went to Denver this weekend and it was not stressful to have the kids all by myself for a few days. It's so nice when they get to these more independent stages!

12 comments:

Beth said...

Love the rings! Could she be in touch with her inner woman? I'm amazed that the rings still have her interest and love.

Angie said...

Awww that's so when they get more independent! Each day seems a little easier with the boys! Glad you got to get away. :)

BECKY said...

as in to the game denver? if so..... awesome!!!!!!!!

what cute kids! hooray for choco cake!

VoNique said...

Your kids are so cute! Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I love the sleeping picture of Kate. So adorable.

Melissa said...

Cute! I love your kiddos!

AmyB said...

Beautiful children. I love when they more independent!!

Garth and Alicia said...

So cute! You look so pretty! I'm glad you got to go skiing! I'm hoping to do that when we get home...Can't wait to get together!

Rach said...

Oh I wish we lived near you guys! I loved all the cute updates. LOVED the falling asleep at the table!
Miss you guys!

staci baker said...

Cute kids! I'm glad you got a picture of the "caught red-handed" chocolate hands. And I'm glad you got to go skiing! Yay! It's great to hear that the boys are getting independent enough for you to get out and do more things! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Hey! Your kids are so beautiful! And getting so big. Where does the time go? I love the picture of Kate falling asleep at dinner. I could totally see you doing that :) Hope all is well!

Em said...

Julie, I miss you guys and your cute little family! I can not believe how big they are getting! Happy Late Birthday! I love your hair curly. This is my random all over the place comment. I've been gonna call you to go running more than a few times but didnt know if that was weird :) I hope things are going great!