Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Katie Lady!!

We sure adore this girl.  Here are some funnies from lately

I was on the phone with Melissa and she heard me say, "Kate, let's not mop the kitchen right now."  What a little helper!

How do you get to Disneyland?
Kate, "Go south, then easter."

Kate said wistfully, "The days go by so fast."


For Kate's birthday, she got breakfast in bed (which she ate in the kitchen so she didn't have to eat alone!)
We went to Wendy's for lunch, and she wanted Hamburger Helper for dinner (nothing but the best...) but ended up requesting tacos last minute.  She got to have her very first birthday party and invited 4 little friends to go to Jungle Jims.  They had such a fun time!

 Scott
 Austin






 Everyone at her birthday party.
 We attempted to make a fancy cake with fondant--my machine can cut fondant, but I messed the fondant up so it ended up being more like play doh for adults.  I think Kate liked this a lot better as she got to help design her cake.





I can't believe our little girl is 5 years old.  She is such a joy in our lives.  She is such a giving little girl and we all can't wait to pick her up from preschool.    We love you Katie girl!!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Whether or not the fondant turned out how you wanted, I'm still impressed! I will probably never even try it because it seems too great a feat. It looks so cute though! Happy Birthday to Kate!

Em said...

Oh my, how did she get so big! She is so adorable. Remember that one time we were going to meet up and go running at the gym. Oh ya, me too. I slept in. I want to do something soon. Do you go to the flag football games on Saturday? BBQ? Hike?

::: daegan ::: said...

happy birthday kate!!! i love the updates :) i love seeing your kids! miss you~

Melissa said...

That cake is AWESOME! I am super impressed. Your children are adorable, please come visit soon.