Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pioneer Day Camping with the Birdsalls

Our friends, the Birdsalls, invited us to camp up at The Spruces overnight.  It was so nice to get up in the mountains, we had a great time!

 These two boys are about 3 months apart

These two girls had so much fun looking for giant ants pretty much the entire time. 

Scott enjoying a s'more

You may think I was trying to put up a bad picture of Jeff...

but I think...

he must just love making this face 

and it looks like the kids are watching, noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Austin

 These three boys are such pals, they pretty much just played trucks the whole time (Austin L orange, Scott blue)

My little peach (who actually slept pretty darn good)

Pancakes for Breakfast


Courtesy of this cute guy

Seriously--those cheeks need to be munched!!!


Scott and Sophie got to be good little buddies

The next day we hiked Donut Falls (along with all of Salt Lake Valley) (S, AB, AL)

 Austin Lewis behind, Scott next to Kate



This was an experimental camping trip, and I have to say it went pretty well.  We got a new tent since we were busting out of our last one, and everything went great.  The kids had a lot of fun, we had  fun sitting up late and visiting with the Birdsalls (although we had to pay the price when Ty woke up at 6, ready for the day!)

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are so brave! Little Try is so cite!

Melissa said...

LOL! I laughed so hard at the pictures of Jeff and your kids! SOO funny! I think that's the face Jeff made in me and Zac's wedding pictures. haha

That looks so fun, I wish I was brave enough to camp, that looks awesome! I'm so glad that you guys and the birdcalls match up so perfect!

Melissa said...

autocorrect...