Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Irritating Creature

For school, Kate had to memorize and recite this poem.  They had the option to bring a sibling as a prop for the "irritating creature."  It was pretty cute!


There's an irritating creature in my living room today,
it's been here for a year now, and it will not go away.
The first time that I saw it, it was in my easy chair,
and displayed no inclination to forsake its station there.

I put it in a parcel, and I left it at the store,
the thing was there to greet me when I opened up my door,
I took it to the forest, and I tied it to a tree,
I found it in my kitchen having sandwiches and tea.

I packed it in a carton to disguise its size and shape,
I wrapped it and I stamped it and I sealed it shut with tape,
I mailed it to the middle of a mountain in Tibet,
I returned to see it sitting on my brand-new TV set.

I concealed it in a rocket that was bound for outer space,
it was back that very evening with a smile upon its face.
It appears I can't evict it, though I truly wish I could,
it's entirely too tenacious - I suspect it's here for good.

0 comments: