Thursday, September 11, 2008

Washington Trip

On the plane in the early hours of Friday. We had such a great trip in Washington! Kate was so good for the trip--especially considering she didn't get a real nap the entire time! We got there Friday morning and went to the Puyallup Fair. We had a great time there! We looked at animals, ate greasy food, and just had a good time!
Then Friday afternoon, we headed down to Graham to visit Daegan--my friend from high school! She was so hospitable and made us YUMMY tacos! And her little boys are so cute! I just loved to see her! Sadly, Kate broke the camera on the way there so there are no pictures from this point on (until everyone sends me copies!) Saturday was pretty much devoted to BYU football. It was SUCH a great game! It was so close. Now--to address the controversial celebration call. 1. In my mind, Washington never should have even scored the touchdown. If the Pac-10 officials had been calling the game right, they would have called holding against Washington when they got the 19 yard pass that set them up for the touchdown. 2. It is a set rule--if the ball is thrown up, it is a penalty. Anyway, it was a great game and fun to win on the road! We had a barbecue that night at the Wilsons--they were so nice to have the whole crew there! Sunday, we went to downtown Seattle and saw Pike's Market and walked down to the water. It was really fun to see it because I had never been there. Monday morning we came home. It was just such a nice trip and so nice to be staying at the Wilsons' house. Good times!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys are such BYU fans, I love it! That looked like a really fun trip with all your buddies!

Em said...

Hey, I uploaded all of my pictures. If you wanna let me know your email I'll get them over to you :)

MishMyBelle said...

You got to experience two of my favorite things this past weekend: Washington and BYU football! It doesn't get much better than that. My family was there, and also went to the fair!

As for the controversial call, can the UW fans please stop whining. seriously. They still had the opportunity to kick the extra point, and it was blocked. end of story. My sister told me it has been all over the news paper there. they really just need to move on!

staci baker said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good time. Yes, when you get more pictures of the BYU game and everything else, post those, too! Go BYU! You picked an exciting game. I'm sure you being there is what gave us the good luck for the win. Isn't Jeff known to give them good luck on the road?

Heidi and Matt said...

Did you go out just for the game??? You were in our stompin' grounds! Matt had a ticket to the game and was out there, and then ended up coming back to ND early, so was super bummed that he had to listen to it online! Looks like a great trip and great weather, thank goodness!!

Mer said...

How fun!! This makes me really wish Bry was a BYU fan! We're kinda loners when it comes to football (except for Jamie and Pat). Looks like you guys had a great time!

Julie Knowlton said...

Julie, I feel so embarrassed that I fabricated a false story about Jeff. I guess amongst all the excitement from that touchdown I figured Jeff had just started flinging food everywhere in his own elation. Please tell him I am sorry, but I think I am sticking to my story that it was him. :)

I miss Kate.

Jamie said...

Hooray! Looks like so much fun. I'm still so surprised that Mike didn't pull the last minute road trip on me. Can't believe he missed it.

Fun, fun!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!!! GO COUGARS!!! Hasn't this season been awesome? Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Kate is getting so big! She's such a pretty little girl.

Sara said...

O my heck...just heard...and I am FREAKING!! :) :) :) Soooooooo exciting!

Sara said...

...not freaking about the game...by the way...

AmyB said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We cannot wait for yall to come to the game here next year. When you said it was in September I thought it was this September and was getting so excited to have you come. Eric called me from work to inform me that it was next year...dang it! Maybe we could meet you for a game some where some time or host you for an LSU game!