Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good night's sleep

It is amazing what a good night's sleep does for you (and what a bad night does too). This is tiring, but I am guessing every mom feels tired, especially when new people are added to the family. Anyway, these little babies are such good boys. They are big grunters, but don't cry a lot. They kind of keep each other calm. They are growing so much too! It has just been over a week and I can really notice a difference--especially with Scott. Scott is the bigger one, so it is always hard to tell if Austin is growing just because Scott is always bigger. They both seem to be filling out though, and eating a lot! Scott is on the right and Austin on the left
We went to check to see if Kate was asleep and found her like this--with her legs halfway under her dresser. She is such a funny girl!
We haven't had her hold the boys yet, she has had a lingering cough (that luckily, they haven't caught).

This was not posed--so sweet!
We are trying the swaddling method of bathing this time of around and Scott and Austin both LOVE it! It cracks me up how relaxed they are!
We are having a really fun time with the boys, even with the nights, it is great to have them home. That is the hard thing--the nights and hopefully soon they will get better. Everyone asks us how Kate is handling it, and she is handling it really well. I probably shouldn't be blogging and should be using this spare time to play with her, but she is doing well.
A side note--one thing about being sleep deprived is that everything is so much funnier. I love it because a small little thing just makes me hysterical.

13 comments:

staci baker said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. First of all, Kate looks SO HUGE in the picture with them. And secondly, that picture of one of them putting his arm around the other one is SO ADORABLE! I can't believe you didn't stage that! They just really seem to rely on each other and need each other. That is so sweet to see. I totally feel for you in the nights. Those first few months after each baby for me don't provide the best memories! It's amazing what sleep deprivation can do! I just have to keep thinking how a few months isn't a long time in the big perspective, and I can handle it for that long. I wish I could help you out! Hopefully at least there are chances in the day when you can squeeze in a quick nap!

Unknown said...

They are so cute. I love the picture of Kate with her brothers. I remember those sleepless nights, although I didn't do it with twins. It's a good thing babies are so cute and lovable ;)

AmyB said...

Your boys are so sweet :) Kate seems like a cute little girl who will be a great big sister. Sleep deprivation is really an interesting thing. It can make you all together crazy...I know, trust me! Lucky for me my last one was a good sleeper from the begining but I had mentally prepared myself for a long haul of sleep deprivation. Maybe they will suprise you soon and start sleeping better! That's what we will pray for anyway :)

AmyB said...

PS sorry for the second comment. Eric is ccoming to Utah this weekend (well Thursday-Sunday) and I know he would love to see yall. However, he is funny about calling people because he does not want to bother them. Maybe you could call him if you are free. If Jeff does not have his number I know Mike does. Thanks, Amy

Taryn said...

Those are such a cute pics. You are getting me excited for our own little bundles of joy!

Melissa said...

I love this post. Some days I think Teagan is so naughty and my life is rediculous and I'm just mad, then I go to bed early and wake up and somehow my world is miraculously better the next day. We durtschis need our sleep. hehe

i just can't say enough how cute austin and scott are. I love the one with kate where they are stretched out! swaddled baths are the best! Teagan LOVED it

Angie said...

How cute! I'm so glad to hear they are eating and growing like champs! The sleep will get better! Just keep telling yourself that!

Rachel said...

you are so good. Your kids are adorable. I laughed at your last comment because that is totally like you.

Raquel said...

Julie they are soo sweet!! I love it. they look so different to me. do you guys have a hard time telling them apart? Its adorable how twins love to cuddle. one of my fav of my boys is them both sharing a boppy snuggled up. love it. keep with the pics. brings back memories. they grow up so fast.

Amy said...

So congratulations! Wow! We were kind of out of the loop. We haven't been so good this last (uh, 9 months) about checking blogs. We're so excited for you guys, and totally feel for you and your sleepless nights. I wish we could pass some of our sleep on to you! I'm glad the boys are doing well and that you get to enjoy them all the time now!

Tanya said...

I just love these pics! Scott and Austin are both so cute! Kate really seems to enjoy her new little brothers too. Keep the pics coming! :)

Sheri said...

So so so cute! Kate under the dresser was hilarious! The boys snuggling in a little hug was so sweet! I'm glad that sleep deprivation makes you think things are funny..... sleep deprivation just makes me ornery! You are such a trooper!

Audrey said...

You have the cutest litle family Julie! I can't even imagine how exhuasted you must be, but I'm always amazed by your super positive attitude. You're a great Mom!