Monday, April 6, 2009

Fashion Show, Birthdays, and other good stuff

We got Kate's, Scott's, and Austin's pictures done so I had Kate try on all of her possible shirts. To tell you the truth, I can't believe how good she did! I love how girly she is!This won


And this also won




This begins Kate's birthday party. We had Jeff's parents and Jeff's brother and wife over with their kids. It was a fun time! It was nice to have a little social outing for Jeff and I (and I think Kate too).
Kate had so much fun playing with her cousins. She loves them SO much!
I attempted making one of these fun birthday cakes. It turned out okay. The long skinny rays were hard to frost and I ran out of frosting. Oh well! I think it turned out pretty good.
We got Kate a little trike for her birthday. I forgot to get pictures, but Jeff's parents got her a doll stroller that she absolutely loves! She pushes it everywhere. Kate doesn't really get the trike yet.
These two are such good pals!
This was Kate's face when everyone left.
Kate has started pumping with me when I pump--I am pumping about 8 times a day, so she knows it well!
My dad came down and got to see the babies.
Jeff's parents have been helping us out a ton!! Jeff's mom came over one afternoon just to help me out a little bit. It was really nice to have her here. I finally got some stuff clean in our house!
Scott and his girlfriend Sally. Soon to come: Austin and Autumn

Things are going well. I am happy for everyday we make it through and I LOVE the weekend! Scott and Austin are starting to be awake more. Today we played with them for about 30 minutes. They are on the verge of smiling, but not yet. It is hard to know when they do things because according to their due date, they are only a week old, but really they are about 10 weeks! They will catch up at some point, probably around age 1 or 2.

Kate is still doing really well with the situation. She loves her brothers so much. She is always wanting to hold and hug and kiss the babies. When the babies are sad, I say "come here" as I pick them up and Kate has started to do that--when they are crying she says that and tries to pick them up. She also likes to help burp the babies (and she really gets burps out)

She is talking a ton and I have to be really careful what I say, especially when I am frustrated because she WILL repeat it!

Kate has also started calling me Mimi sometimes. I LOVE it! She will just say "hi Mimi" So cute!

Kate is still really social too. She loves when anyone comes over--especially the cousins that live close here. When they come over or when we go over there, she FREAKS out! It is hilarious! She loves anyone though.

Something funny she has been doing is when she is in trouble/hurt/bored she will say "Daddy come soon." Now she has started to add in other people such as "Whitney come soon" (Aunt Whitney) and "Emma come soon" (her 3 year old cousin) It cracks me up. The other day Jeff had just walked out the door to go to work and she came up to me and said "Daddy come soon." I knew it was going to be a long day!

Kate is also starting to really love to sing. She loves any time people are singing and likes to sing along in her own way--in church--at home and even when we sing her when putting her down to bed. It is pretty precious. That is all I can think of for now. I wanted to write everything Kate is doing for her two year post, but I will write more as I think of it.

8 comments:

Meghan said...

I love that post...especially the Kate Fashion Show. She is such a funny little girl! Here hair is getting a lot longer. I can't wait to see her again!

We really want to see you guys before we head out. I know Jeff and Steve are trying to get something on the calendar...can't wait to catch up!

Jamie said...

At first I thought, "who are Scott and Austin?". Oh yeah, you have TWINS!!!

Happy Birthday to Kate. She's a doll! I can't believe she's 2. They grow up so fast (wow, I sound like my mom).

Let's hope the warm weather keeps coming so we can BBQ soon!

Raquel said...

so cute julie

Melissa said...

hahaha....the pump....please tell me that is going in her Senior yearbook...hahaha

Loved that post! I miss that katie girl so much! The fashion show is hilarious! Her different facial expressions show her fun personality.

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

The cake is adorable..good job it is so hard. The boys are getting big and very cute. 8 times a day you poor girl.

Melissa said...

I came back to show Zac all of the cute pictures and realized that I forgot to comment on the cake! It is a work of art, I LOVE it. I want to try one. I am so impressed with your patience!

staci baker said...

Happy birthday to Kate! I thought of her on her birthday. I'm glad she had a good time with cousins. And great work on the cake!

The picture with Scott and the doll shows how teeny he is! Crazy!

And I love how grown up Kate looks in the pictures. Can't wait to see her and meet the boys soon!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Your babies are adorable!!!