Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Growing Boys

Everyone says that babies grow so fast, but I didn't notice as much with Kate (she was only about 16 lbs at 1 year) but with Scott and Austin I can tell! That is probably because they have to be on a higher calorie formula--Scott is about as much as Kate was at her 2 month appointment, so I think he is going to be big! Austin is just a pound behind, so he is really growing too! A friend came over the other day and said they were chubby! After Kate, I never thought I would hear one of our babies described as "chubby" so I was SO excited! I love their little chubby cheeks--all three of the kids got them!

Austin
Scott
We find Kate doing this a lot. She just loves her brothers and always wants to hold/hug/kiss them. It is so sweet.
Scott on the left, Austin on the right.
These are their girlfriends for a while, Scott and Sally on the left and Austin and Autumn on the right. My parents gave the dolls to Kate when the boys were born, so we can see their growth with the comparison.

Kate holding the boys--Scott on the left, Austin on the right.
My aunt Marcia got these adorable outfits for the boys, I love them!
This is how I look most days (Kate loves these shoes and they were out). Now I know why Jeff married me.
Kate LOVES the bath!
We are starting to get used to life, every day gets a little easier. Last week was a really good week and this week is going pretty well so far too. The boys are just so sweet too and are starting to be good eaters. The best news--they had a 6 hour stretch last night! I love waking up and looking at the clock and seeing 4:15! Heaven!

Oh, and a couple questions I got on here and that we get all the time
1. How do we tell them apart (did I mention on here that they are identical?)
Scott is at least a pound bigger so you can tell by looking at him and by picking him up. Also, Scott is awake more than Austin and always has his big eyes wide open staring around. Austin is always just trying to keep his open!

2. They were in the hospital for 6 1/2 weeks.

3. And this was from when they were in the hospital, but no, they did not put them in a crib together--just because of germs and stuff. It wasn't until near the end that we could hold them together.

4. Kate never got to go in the NICU, 3 and under can't go in the NICU and during RSV season, under 12 can't go in. So, Kate met the boys for the first time when they were 6 1/2 weeks old!

5. The boys' weights are up to: Scott is over 8 lbs and I think Austin is over 7 lbs

6. I didn't have a c-section (that is one great thing about having such little babies!)

7. In the hospital, they bundled the boys up so they felt like they were still inside. Especially at the beginning, they tried to keep it really dark, quiet, and low stimulation from visitors so they could just grow and develop.

Okay, I think that is all of them. Sorry it took me a while!

8 comments:

Raquel said...

they are getting big. so cute! your prof pics are adorable as well. i could have sworn you said they were frats. did you get a test done? we still dont know about ours we just assume they are frats

Anonymous said...

I love the lineup of babies! You look fabulous even in comfy clothes!

Meghan said...

Thanks for answering all my questions! Your boys are getting so big and they ARE chubby! I am glad you are figuring things out. I can't wait to see you guys on Sat. You are an amazing mom and I am amazed at all you do and are going to do! Way to go!

Angie said...

They are so cute!! I am so glad that they are growing so much and are healthy!! What a blessing. I don't know how you do two babies at night, I can barely handle one. Exhausting!!

Melissa said...

You are such a fox! Those heals really show off your cheek bones! hehe

You have such beautiful children. The boys are getting so handsome and kate is so adorable! I love their girlfriends! That is hilarious.

staci baker said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Kate holding them. You are brave! And the one of you is great. That's how I look most days, too, and I don't have newborns for an excuse! ;)

Garth and Alicia said...

Oh Julie. I miss you so much! I HAVE to come see you soon. The boys sound like they are doing awesome. You look good too. We need a pic of Jeff! I haven't seen him for a while...kinda forgot what he looks like ;)
Love ya! -Alicia

Sheri said...

JULIE! You look so great! Ok, I realize the Murray High T-shirt with heels isn't probably your #1 outfit, but you don't even look like you just gave birth....let alone to twins! You look awesome! You are a beautiful girl! :)