Sunday, October 10, 2010

Go BYU!

We got brave and decided to take the whole family to the game. The weather was so nice, and I have to say, the kids were pretty darn good. It was Scott's and Austin's first BYU football game. They were all busy, but what else can you expect from these three. There were some people that didn't come, so the boys were exploring the rows around us--and probably bugging people. Sorry! We might try it for one more game. I loved so much doing it as a family though and I hope it is the first of many in years to come.

Scott

Austin

Kate--Jeff behind

Austin left, Scott right

All three were EXHAUSTED after the game and fell asleep. When we got home, we put them right in bed without a hitch--usually they wake up when we get home, so they were TIRED!

We were going to push the stroller to the stadium, but decided we didn't want to mess with it because we were already running late. I carried Scott and the bags (stuff for the kids) and Jeff carried Austin and Kate on his shoulders. We were so tired and about halfway to the stadium and realized what a mistake we made. Our seats are near the top of the stadium and by the time we got there, I was just putting one foot in front of the other. After the game was even worse. With the yard sale and everything else, I was just worn out (and hadn't had a chance to eat much). By the time I got to the car, I was pooped. It was probably comical to watch us, and it kind of makes me laugh to think of it now. What adventures. Oh well, I'm glad we took them (for the family picture if nothing else!)

And I didn't even mention--yea for the Cougars winning! It was fun to see them play with some heart and finally get a little chemistry! Yea!

9 comments:

Angie said...

You are so brave!!! I am in awe. Looks like you guys had fun. Hope to see you guys soon!

Meghan said...

I am SO JEALOUS! You are so awesome. I am so glad that there is at least one other die hard BYU fan that would take THREE little kids to the games as well. Your children will be forever grateful for you. You are instilling a love of BYU football that will stretch beyond their wildest dreams. I know it was hard. I know you didn't get to watch ALL the game. I know you were tired walking that far. But you are my hero. When/If we ever move back to UT, we'll be the family NEXT to yours, with all our kids, and we'll do it together! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! You make us proud!

Melissa said...

How fun! You are a trooper! Teagan's first football game was BYU-SDSU too, and we were nervous to take him and there's only one of him! I am so impressed and I LOVE that they all fell asleep on the way home, how fun!

Taryn said...

oh you are brave! but for a family picture, I would TOTALLY do it too! i wish we lived close enough for coug games. We cheer like crazy here at home on the couch. It was nice for sure to see them play better!

staci baker said...

You brave souls! Sounds like an adventure! But that's awesome. Scott and Austin can always brag to their friends that they started going to the games at 21 months old.

Leslie said...

Amen to yay for them winning! Hasn't this season just been awful! We take Mariah to all of the games nad it's hard. I can't even imagine 3 kids. Way to go fan :)

Amy said...

what a cute family. how brave to take all three kids, but that's what you do when you are the biggest BYU fan ever. hope you guys are well!

MishMyBelle said...

What a great experience for your children. An excellent parent introduces their children to byu football at a young age (even if it is a rebuilding year). A+ for Jeff and Julie. Such a cute family!!

Anonymous said...

So CUTE!!! Such a cute family. Go BYU!