Saturday, August 23, 2008

Recent happenings

Our neighbors just gave us their old piano and we are SO excited! I have really been wanting one because I want to learn to play again--I took lessons when I was younger, then I quit, so I am just so excited! Kate loves it too
This is Kate's new thing--folding her arms all the time! It is pretty cute. She has a baby wipe on her head. I don't know why, but she liked it, maybe she was hot!
And I realized I did have a picture of the weekend. This is when we were watching the Olympics and just hanging out. Kate loves hanging out with Jeff!
This is a new toy we just got at a garage sale. I was really excited to find it, especially because it looked clean and they seemed like a clean family, so that made me feel good! Kate LOVES it! We set it up so she can do it herself. She uses the chair to climb on the bench, then she can go down the slide. It is fun to watch her do it!

Life is good. I can't believe summer is almost over! It has gone by so fast, but it has been such a fun summer. I have had so much fun with Kate. Her little personality is getting so funny! Some fun things Kate is saying/doing:

  • She points at every airplane that goes past (whether we are inside or outside) she loves them!
  • She loves to have her fingernails and toenails painted and clipped and sits pretty still when I do them! I am impressed
  • She is learning a lot of animal noises including dog, cat, lamb, and cow, it is pretty funny
  • She has been doing fives for a while, but recently learned "rocks" (when you hit fists) and I love it!
  • She loves to say hi to everyone. We will be at the grocery store and she says hi to everybody! The look on their faces is pretty funny!
  • She is finally getting some hair (you can tell in some of the recent pictures) and I just love it.
  • She started to do a cheeser smile just barely (you can see it on the piano)
  • She likes to play in the dirt and if a bug is in her path, watch out. She likes to pick it up--whether it is an ant or a ladybug--and loves to just look at it and play with it.
  • She still just loves kids, especially babies!
  • She is really starting to know what she wants and sometimes gets a little bossy, but overall is a very sweet little girl. I am glad she has an opinion! Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head, but we just love our girl and her fun personality!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I am soooooooooooo jealous that your neighbors gave you a piano...almost bitter. As dad would say, sometimes life isn't fair. :) The pictures of Kate are so cute. You need to have people take pictures of you! I've almost forgotten what you look like.

Brenda said...

That's a great garage sale find. I always wanna find great stuff at garage sales, but I never go so I can't really find great stuff :) btw Kate is super-de-duper cute!

Heidi and Matt said...

Yeah, that looks like an awesome thing to find garage selling. I will have to try to find some cool stuff! Really cool that you got a piano too. Kate is just adorable. I love the wipe on her head?! Funny girl!

staci baker said...

That was a fun update! I miss little Kate. It sounds like she's really getting quite a personality. I love the pictures to show it. That's a great find at a garage sale, and I can't believe you got a piano...FREE! Wow! Tell Jeff to teach you the Entertainer song that I taught him a long time ago. He probably still remembers how to play it. I'm really dying to ask you a question, but I think it'll have to wait another little while. ;)

RussellPage said...

i can't believe your neighbors just gave you a piano, that is awesome. i can't believe the olympics are over, what am i going to do with myself?

daegan said...

hello... so, your daughter is darling. she is so cute! i can't wait to see you guys soon!

BECKY said...

I pretty much love this post. Every single word of it. I hope I have cool neighbors someday who give me a piano. That's AWESOME! And I totally want to become a garage sale guru---I look up to you!

Em said...

Julie...I think that I should learn to play the piano with you. I have always wanted to...why not start now. I'm really excited for Seattle too!

Audrey said...

She's so cute Julie! It's fun to read what she's doing, she and Abbey are so much alike in so many ways.