Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quirks

When I think of quirks, I think of Jeff, and I love every one of them.
(These are the first two canteloupes we got out of the garden, we were so excited!!)
Sorry this took me forever to do! And I am going to write this about Jeff because his quirks are funnier than mine! I can't even think of any for myself! I am sure they are there, but I think they are normal. :)

The RULES
1. Link the person who tagged you...Sandy
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them: Alicia, Melissa, Karin, Michele, Marci, Jamie, Michele and I would write everyone's name on my list, so please anyone who wants to, do this because it is funny to read about other's quirks!

1. Jeff really likes to park in the shade, it doesn't matter if he has to walk a lot extra or across a completely empty parking lot, as long as when he comes back that car is in the shade.

2. When Jeff is sweating on his forehead, he wipes it with the side of his index finger--kind of like a windshield wiper. I don't see anyone else do that!

3. Jeff whistles at the most random times, here are some examples: While we are in the middle of a conversation--in person or on the phone(but he is still listening), while eating dinner, in the middle of a hymn and I have to say that the last is my favorite. We were in church and he started whistling the hymn--loudly! Wow, that was funny!

4. Jeff likes to have very straight lines in the lawn, you can always tell when I mowed, my lines are very off.

5. Jeff drinks A LOT of water. If he is getting sick especially, he will drink at least 64 oz for breakfast and I am not exaggerating. By the end of the day, he is sitting around 200 oz. On a normal day, maybe around 100-120.

6. When Jeff tells a story or talks about something he is really interested in, if you have heard him, you know what I am talking about. He gives ALL the details so there is no way you will misunderstand the story, miss the punchline, or get lost.

7. And I just thought of one more: Jeff does piles of clothes and drapes them all over the room--he has clothes that are clean in one pile, and clothes that are possibly dirty in another. He needs to wait until he has showered to smell these clothes to see if they are dirty or clean (he has a stronger sense of smell after getting out of the shower)

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that the sense of smell is better after the shower... funny. Although, I think you may have cheated by listing only his quirks. You should list at least a few things that you do. And to answer the question about the watermelon... Last year it did great. I'm not real impressed with how few we get on each plant... but oh well it is fun anyway. How big do your watermelon get before they die?

Melissa said...

Me, ZAc, and mom all read this together and we were all cracking up. The quirks are so true! Especially the story telling one. The cantelope picture is very velumptuous (is this a word?) and the way you write is just funny and you make me laugh!

daegan said...

ha ha! those were great... i am a little dissapointed that i didn't get to hear any of yours. i think i would enjoy them! i'm going to have to do that on mine! i'm excited to see you sunday. will you be staying for dinner??? you should. let me know. and really, honestly if you need to crash here at all, you are more than welcome.

staci baker said...

Hilarious! That's my big brother! I love the picture. I'm still chuckling.

Hey, you forgot the quirk about ice cream having to be evenly scraped across the top...and his utter dislike for broken sprinklers (wasting water in general) and the smell of burnt broccoli (does he run out the house crying at your house like he did when my mom burned it?)...oh, there are probably plenty more...

I love my brother!

Audrey said...

I was laughing so hard reading these! And can I just add that number 1, 3, and 6 are the exact same for my hubby, must be a Lewis thing! They're quite the funny bunch, it's hard not to love them!

Your turn next, I want to hear about your quirks!

Garth and Alicia said...

I love the picture. 'Nice melons Jeff!'