Sunday, June 21, 2009

And the Father of the Year Award Goes to...

Jeff

I don't do enough posts dedicated to Jeff, but especially this year Jeff deserves it on this Father's Day. I honestly don't know what I would do without Jeff. He is such a great father to our kids and still makes time to be a great husband to me. Every day, Jeff goes and works for our family all day, then comes home and rarely takes a minute for himself, but just helps with the kids and anything else we need to do. He is pretty amazing. If you call him at 5 or 6 in the morning, there is a good chance he is up feeding the boys. (and those that know Jeff well know sleep is very important to him, so this is a major sacrifice).
Every night, Jeff takes so much time and just plays with Kate, wrestles with her, plays buttons, takes her on walks outside. They have such a cute relationship.








Scott and Austin love their daddy so much. They love looking, smiling at, and cooing at him. They seem to already know he is a great man to look up to.

I love you so much Jeff and am so grateful to you for being such a great dad. I am so lucky to be married to you!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

How sweet! You inspired me, I need to do a Jason post. Jeff really is a great guy! You are both lucky to have each other. Happy Father's Day Jeff!

BECKY said...

This was an ADORABLE post. I loved all the pics of Jeff. You guys are such a great couple and I'm so glad to know you! I especially love the pic of him with his fingers showing 2 holding the newborn and the last pic with Kate in the diaper!

Garth and Alicia said...

What a great post! We were talking about what a great guy Jeff is after leaving your house a couple weeks ago. I was saying how glad I was that you found him (and that he found you). He is a great father! Thanks for sharing the pictures w/us. You are an amazing family. Really. Love you! And-Happy Father's Day Jeff!

Beth said...

What a sweet family and a wonderful blessing. Thank you for sharing the pictures and feelings, it is a pleasure and an honor to be part of your extended family. Enjoy every minute! It goes by in a flash.

staci baker said...

What a great post! I am biased, but I agree that Jeff is pretty great. I've noticed how helpful he is to you with the kids and the housework. What a good guy! (And way to go to Julie for probably training him a bit to be that way!) ;) He does deserve a nice post like that! Cute pics!