Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recently...

You know on birthdays, or other landmarks all of you list what your child/children are doing? I can never remember, I have to do it along the way, so here is a little journal entry of what Kate has been up to...

Kate decided she wanted to be swaddled the other day after seeing us swaddle the babies multiple times a day.

Kate likes to comb the carpet. I'm not sure on this one--maybe so it looks neat?
Kate's favorite toy since she was about 9 months is buttons by far. Any day, any time, without fail, if you ask Kate what she wants to do, she will say buttons. She loves to put them inbetween all of her toes.
Kate got into trouble the other day for trying to put on mascara. I think she got a little on her eyelashes! It was pretty funny because I said "Kate" and I must have said it in "that" tone because she jumped right into the timeout chair. It cracked me up.
Kate LOVES talking on the phone. Any time I am talking with someone, she always wants to talk to them and sometimes even requests to call certain people.
Kate is also starting to ride her trike more. She is just about there with the pedals, but for now she just walks with her feet. Also, Kate loves to haul this little purse around with her. I love it!
We have had visitors for the last week and have been having SO much fun! My sister Melissa has loved doing Kate's hair everyday because she doesn't have a girl. Here is just one of the way cute hairstyles. I am so impressed!
Kate and Teagan have loved playing on this little slide play set. We put the slide into a little pool and they have had a great time with it!
Melissa is so nice too--she let Kate put on some makeup. Kate has been loving all the extra attention!
Kate is just growing up, she is so much fun.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

That is such a fun glimpse of little Kate! I'd love to know her thoughts behind the buttons and combing the carpet! I can't wait to see her in a couple weeks. I can't wait to see you and Jeff too. And last but not least, I'm excited to finally meet Scott & Austin.

Meghan said...

When did Kate all of a sudden get a full head of hair? She is so grown up! Loved the recap.

BECKY said...

LOVE the update!!! She is such a cutie! I'm so glad you're a stay-at-home mom who can witness all this and find such joy in it! I used to comb the carpet too, if it makes you feel any better. :) She's such a pretty, grown-up girl. :)

Jamie said...

I can't believe she's such a big girl!!! And where did her hair come from?

We loved seeing Jeff the other night, but were sad we didn't get to see you as well. We'd love to plan a date night, bbq, something or other - SOON. Let's get in touch!

Audrey said...

She is so cute, and a little quirky like her parents :) I love the buttons between the toes, so funny. She'll have to teach Abbey how to be a little more girly when we see you guys in a few weeks, love the purses and make-up! And your boys are getting so big, they sure are cute!

staci baker said...

Cute little Kate. I thought that was so cute when I went to your house how she just loved those buttons! She's sure growing up, and I'm also glad to hear that your sister was with you to keep you and Kate company for a little while!

Alisha said...

Hey cousin, I had no idea you just had twins!!! I should check your blog more often! Congratulations!