Friday, July 10, 2009

Visitors and the 4th of July

Beware--I have a lot of pictures on this post! I just have a hard time editing pictures out, so enjoy! (Also, I accidentally turned on this setting that made some pictures turn out with weird colors, so no, we did not dye Teagan's, Kate's, and my grandma's hair pink)

My sister Melissa came with her little boy (who is so darn cute!) and him and Kate got along so well. By the end, they were ready to be the center of attention again, but they did great!

I can't remember if this ended well or not...
We were in this pool pretty much every day (even the day that a storm rolled in!)



My mom is amazing!

Melissa did Kate's hair so cute most of the days. I learned a few tricks and got some new ideas!
4 generation picture
Kate found these necklaces and had her cousins chasing after her. This was the best picture I got, but it was pretty fun to see her running!
Aunt Jeanne has a really fun playground and the kids loved it!

Us girls looking at this cute photo album that Whitney made. It had some very professional looking poses by all of us from our early days.

I love being in the Valley for the 4th. I love the little parade, I love the huckleberry milkshakes (even though that didn't happen this year) and I love seeing friends and family. You can see my sister's head poking up on the side of this float.

We had a rough go at the parade. We really wanted to go especially for Kate. We got caught in traffic (yes there is traffic even in remote parts of the world) and parked about a mile away from where my stepmom had saved spots. Jeff carried one of the boys in a pack and Kate on his shoulders while I carried the other boy. We were a spectacle (which we are starting to get used to in general). Kate started crying when some cars revved their engines and didn't stop for most of the parade. When the Durtschi float walked by, we decided just to walk with them and surprisingly, all the kids were happy with that! It was a wild time! I wish I could have taken the picture when Jeff had all three kids piled on, but I didn't dare in case one slipped off!

My sister has this cool bike and just got a little child seat as you can see. We LOVED it! I am ready to go out and buy myself one!
We had such a good couple of weeks--first with Melissa, she was so helpful and I just loved having her here, I wish she lived across the street. Then we had such a good time on our trip--I loved seeing all of my family and spending time with them. I love the 4th of July!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Perfect, this post really summed the week up! You are so funny, I miss hanging out every day! I need to get a couple of those pictures, your versions turned out better than mine.

The Burnetts said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun time! I bet you and Jeff are the best parents! I just smile when I think of you and your cute kids! Glad you had a great 4th!

Garth and Alicia said...

I agree w/the above comment-You and Jeff are AMAZING parents. Love the posts!

BECKY said...

Oh my goodness it looks like you've been having a fabulous time!! I heard the boys are staying through church now... goodness time flies! And I had no idea your family was so famous up there! (And I can't believe the traffic was so bad... what the heck!) I love seeing pics of your fam. I especially love the one of Jeff being the horse for Kate and cousin! (can't remember his name!) And that bike is sweet!

staci baker said...

Wow, I loved the two last posts. Now I feel updated! Those boys are sure getting BIG! I love the one of them with linked arms. I'm so glad that you've had company... and a chance to see some new scenery! Driggs looks like it would be an awesome place for the 4th! Thanks for sharing! You look really good, and it looks like things are going well!

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

I love the 4th in the valley! It was good to see you, even if it was for just a min. You look so good,I can't believe you had twins!

Unknown said...

How fun! It looks like you're having a wonderful summer. I can't believe how big the twins are! Man, time flies.