Monday, December 27, 2010

Tender Heart


Tonight, my mom and I took Kate to her first movie at the theater--Tangled. We went all out--got popcorn and snacks (which is rare for us).

Highlights:

-Kate spilling 3/4 of the popcorn within 5 minutes of the movie starting

-Watching Kate eat the rest of the popcorn bucket, she really put it down!

And the top highlight is...
-Kate crying for half of the movie--because it was sad. Every time even slightly sad music came on, Kate was crying LOUDLY. I had to take her out at the end because she was crying so loud. She cries on pretty much every kids movie--Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Pooh's Heffalump Adventure, if it has anything slightly sad, she is gone. And it isn't just a few tears, it is loud sobs. It's pretty darn sweet and I love getting a little cuddle from Kate when she needs comforting!

I had a great time! I hope this is the first of many "Girl Dates" to come.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

So sweet and sad at the same time. My Marle has a list of movies she refuses to watch because she cries... think Where the Red Fern Grows, I Am Sam...

Jamie said...

That sweet Kate. Both Mike and I were laughing at cute little Kate needing to leave the theater because she was so upset by the movie. Love that girl.

BECKY said...

gosh she's cute.

Angie said...

What a sweetheart

Melissa said...

I love her. What a sweet girl. Was tangled a pretty sad movie? I thought it was all about love. :)

Dedre said...

that's too sweet! My Jill does the same thing, and we can't stop giggling when she does. We are terrible parents! It is soo cute to see they have such tender hearts!

staci baker said...

WOW, Julie. Where have I been? I had to catch up on all the posts starting at Thanksgiving. I guess I haven't been on the blog the last month much at all. ANYWAY....I LOVED the updates! That Cali trip looks like a blast. (How fun to have a warm Thanksgiving instead of the snow!) Oh, that picture of Kate seeing Mickey is priceless. Oh, the joy on her face...And those boys are getting way too big. I'm impressed with you making jammies for the kids, and those stockings look great! And of course that sweet little Kate is so sensitive. She's a sweetie. And I saw one picture a the beach where I said, "I know what Julie is talking about. I can see ME in her when I was her age!" So that may be right. Anyway, I'm excited to get to know your kids a little better at the end of February!
(Sorry for the novel!)

Shannon Dooley said...

How precious!!! What a sweetheart.

Steve Frost said...

Kate must get that from her dad. I remember Jeff crying openly during some of the more poignant lectures in our transportation class at BYU.