Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving in California!

For Thanksgiving this year, we went down to California to visit my sister and mom. My sister and brother and his family also came. Oh, I loved the trip. It was a lot of fun and the cousins had so much fun together. Get ready for picture overload, I couldn't leave any out!

Thanksgiving Day
Melissa made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner--yummy yummy. Too bad I didn't get any pictures. Kate absolutely loved her little cousin Lily. I think she's ready for a new baby in the family--for now she'll have to get her fix from cousins!I love that on Thanksgiving, we had a pleasant day at the park. All the kids wanted to get out while dinner was cooking, so we headed over. Kate, Sasha and Grant loved holding hands, so cute! Jeff is holding Scott.



Kate pushing Austin

Scott









The Beach
Friday, we did some Black Friday shopping, my mom even slept over night! Go mom! Saturday, we came to the beach. It was about 64, so not hot, but just about right. The kids got a little chilly in the end though...
We tried to get some family pictures and I think they turned out alright. I have to consider with kids these ages, a great picture will be VERY rare! Austin left Scott right.








Scott and Sasha playing in the sand, they were totally captivated.

Austin shortly joined them.

Brian, Whit, Ethan, and Grant

Whitney about got thrown in!

Mom holding sweet Lily

Kate loved doing this--she'd get a scoop of sand, then take it and dump it in the ocean.





Disneyland
The whole trip was so fun, but Disneyland was definitely the highlight. We went and stayed overnight in Anaheim. Jeff on the way to the park. Scott front, Austin back. (Scott is wearing white tennis shoes)
In the park with Brian

Disneyland was all decorated for Christmas, it was so pretty and fun!

This picture didn't go as planned...



We waited in line for about 45 minutes so Kate could see the princesses. Her favorite is Cinderella and she was there! Of course, when we got there, Kate got very shy.




Snow White was so sweet. She was my favorite. We had to drag Kate through the princesses, but when we left she said, "I want to see more princesses" so I guess it was worth it!


Pirates of the Caribbean--I thought Kate would be too freaked out, but she loved it. She kept saying "R Mateys" to all the pirates, it was fun.
The parade was probably the highlight because Kate got to see all of the characters. She was in HEAVEN! This is Austin with Daddy.

Kate's reaction when she sees Mickey Mouse.


Tigger and Winnie the Pooh

It got kind of chilly when the sun went down, but we had hats, gloves, blankets so the kids were good.


Austin was wired--he stayed up until 10.

Scott fell asleep on the way out of the park.

If you made it clear through, I am impressed! We just had so much fun. The kids all loved the rides, I have pictures of the Dumbo ride I want to add later because the kids got such a kick out of it. I can't wait to go back!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Great family photos on the beach! Love the one of all of you holding hands :)

BECKY said...

oh my heck that was the funnest post EVER!!!!!!!! there are so many pics i have comments for!
the 3 kids on the slide, the family pics, one of the biys hating the princesses!, etc. seriously, so fun!!!

Melissa said...

I've been waiting! I LOVE this post. We had so much fun with you guys. Teagan woke up this morning crying "where's everybody?" Us: "what do you mean" Teagan: "Where'd my cousins go?!?!" I guess it took him a few days to figure out you guys were gone...haha

Can't wait to see you in about a week!

Sara said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland...I think that's gonna be the first thing we do when Nate get's done with school.

Garth and Alicia said...

How fun! I had no idea you all did this! Love you guys!!

Angie said...

Looks like you had a ball! Great pics! Can't wait to see you for Christmas!

Brian and Elise said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for all the pics. I will try to get the other pictures to you. See you soon!

malewis said...

WHat a fun time! Kate's face during the parade is so priceless -full of wonder! Funny about waiting so long to see the princesses and then Kate getting shy! I can tell the boys were just loving it. My favorite picture at the beach is when you are all holding hands and walking away from the camera. That shot is cool. You need to blow it up and hang it!