Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The past few days...

have been eventful. We have had some lows, but mostly highs, I can't even believe it!

Low--I got THE worst food poisoning of my life on Friday night--I was up every half hour between 12:30 and 4:30. Wow, it was wicked (in a bad way)

High--I just found a new tv series--Downton Abbey, thanks to my grandma and mom. I'm not sure why I'm such a sucker for these old English types, but I love them!
Highest High--we are well on our way to having two potty trained buddies! We started last Thursday and both are doing great. Both are now going on the regular potty (cleaning out those little ones is ten times worse then changing a diaper!) and are having few accidents. Scott stayed dry one night and they are sometimes staying dry during nap time. I am not one to try and do underwear during sleep time, I figure that will come :) (This is Scott. When he goes, it is at least a 30-45 minute ordeal)
It was a blissful weekend--I think Kate stayed in her pajamas all day a couple of the days (I think I might have every day!) (Austin, Kate, Scott)


Scott left, Austin right


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful weekend! Except the puking!

BECKY said...

best wishes... potty training scares me!

malewis said...

Great job on the potty training X two! Double the fun! I've been trying not to discover Downton Abbey. I've heard a lot about it lately (and other great British TV shows)and am afraid I'll get sucked in!!!!

staci baker said...

Loved catching up! Sorry--I've been absent on the computer for a few months. I just loved all the pictures and comments. I need to try that Wonder Bond because I have cracks, too. And those kids are just adorable. That one picture of "beautiful Kate growing up" IS so beautiful. She just keeps getting prettier! And those boys just melt my heart! They remind me so much of pictures I've seen of Jeffy at that age. (Speaking of them, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Austin and Scott this week!!!!) And congrats on potty training! Not very fun, but it sounds like it's gone pretty well! Thanks for the updates! I miss you guys!

MishMyBelle said...

I am loving Downton Abbey! I finished season 1, and am just starting the second season! Isn't it great?! Miss you and your cute kids. I am looking forward to seeing you in May!! xx

Mer said...

Ha ha, love the picture of Scott on the little potty--so cute! Potty training is such an ordeal. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't push underwear at nap/bed time. Hats off to you for potty training two kids at once!