Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shout out to my mom

(I stole this from my sister, I figure, if it well written already, why write it again? Now I understand why so many plagiarize--they are just saving time!)

So my mom is an amazing artist and she is so creative and is talented in SO many different areas. She teaches graphic design at FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise) in downtown LA and is simply remarkable.I think there is a TV show where the girls go to FIDM...yep, it's the same one.Well, they have asked her to do an art show in their gallery starting next week and going through Thanksgiving and I'm so excited to see what she puts together! I will post lots of pictures. Here is the flyer she made for the event:

One of her pieces "Merry White Tree in the Night" inspired a song that Kirby Heyborne ("The RM", "Singles Ward") wrote and so she designed his CD. (they happen to be neighbors). On opening night he'll be performing at the gallery while we get to look around and my mom's creative/funky/amazing artwork.If you are reading this and you know my mom or Kirby or you like funky artwork and want to have a night out on the town you should totally go! Here is her website if you want to see more of what she does (she is currently designing a new one which I've had a sneak peak of and it is so cool!):


http://dianepacker.com

2 comments:

staci baker said...

That's so cool, Julie. I'm glad you shared that because I didn't even know that your mom was an artist or graphic designer.

Sara said...

Julie...is there any way possible for me to get your DELICIOUS salsa recipe?? You gave some to my mom that you bottled and it was sooo good!! Let me know!