Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pleased as Punch

Well, I think I mentioned that Kate started getting up 2-3 times a night again a little while ago, and we were not very happy about it! Anyway, we finally let her cry during the night instead of getting up with her (thanks Audrey) and the results have been beautiful!
First night: A lot of crying and not a lot of sleep for us either
Second night: Slept till 5:30 without a sound
Third night: Slept till 6:40 without a sound
Last night: Slept till 7:15 without a sound
Kate seems happier during the day and is eating more and better (probably because she knows she needs to get it during the day) and I love it!


7 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

yay, that is so good once they sleep. well, we had to do the same thing and now he sleeps wonderfully. good for you for sticking it pit. She is so cute too!

staci baker said...

Yea! It makes SUCH a difference to get a good night's sleep! Sleep training is tough, but it's gotta be done...for everyone's sake! I'm glad it worked!

Julie Knowlton said...

I can honestly relate. I LOVE MY SLEEP. If I don't get my required amount, I am quite the grumpy person. Way to go Kate!!

VoNique said...

I'm glad you found me! How are you doing? You're little girl is so cute!

Audrey said...

Oh, Yay Julie!!! I'm so so happy for you! I'm glad it went pretty fast too, I know it's hard, but definitely worth it! Good girl Kate!!!

Unknown said...

We went through that with Jay too. Crying it out is SUCH a blessing in the end. A few nights of a little crying brings such relief for everyone involved. I can't believe how big Kate is getting! She's almost walking now? What an exciting time. She sure is a beautiful girl.

BECKY said...

I love the grin behind the binkie! I am glad to hear she's sleeping!!! PRAISES BE!